Friday 7 October 2011

Things are sent to try you!

After the massive weekend - including what felt like hours of interviews on the Friday, the Great North Run was once again a great success.
There is a great bunch of people work on the whole weekend of events.  Far too many to mention of course, but my mate Dickie was around and did a sterling job just getting on with things and making sure 'the swan looked calm while the feet below the surface were going at 200 miles an hour'.

Looking after the snappers at the event is always good fun- if a little hectic! 

On the Sunday morning of the Great North Run the atmosphere is unique to say the lease.  If you haven't had the chance to sample it, get up there even if you are not running or interested, it is worth the trek up there.
For me the start is a chance for a quick chat with some of the cleebs who are good runners and the ones who come along to jog and enjoy the day for what it is.

Chris Chittle and Tony Orpenshaw ( two leads from the soap Emmerdale) are also good fun and Tony is not a bad runner with regular 1.30 for half marathon and around 3 hours for the full 26.2 miles.

Nell McAndrew, model, TV presenter and general all round great person is also someone I come into contact with around 3 or 4 times a year through running and is always happy to chat about stuff as well as knocking out 1.25 or so for the run ( even dressed as batwoman this year she still managed a sub 1.30!)

As I say in the title, things are sent ... and this week was a toughie!
After the troubles I have had over the past 6 weeks or so, emotions were, I thought, sorted out but the sight of thousands of people running / jogging / strolling the race - looking to get through in 3 hours did get to me a bit. 

Nell caught it straight away and another great friend of mine Pat Darling from Marie Curie Cancer Care also saw right through me.  I was glad to work the day and glad to get back home.

Just recently, I have found out about a few other people - both good things and bad. 

I was trying to sort out a gig for a couple of mates of mine and was well and truly 'stitched -up' by someone who I have always been wary of but try and do a fair deal.  Made me look a bit of a idiot but know better from now on.

Another one is that a project I was working on regarding a panto in Durham City has went to the wall beacuse of finance backers getting into trouble through other business ventures.  Big shame as the cast were well up for the show - based in a big top on the the riverside in the City.

NB one to watch for next year.  Charlotte Dawson.  She is the daughter of Les Dawson and is now making a name for herself in the world of showbiz.
Apart from that - everthing is fine! Meg the dog is happy - well getting older and just as grumpy, England are still in the Rugby World Cup and after the troubles of the past few months I am starting to get back to chatting with clients and friends again.


Keep Smilin'