Sunday 23 June 2013

Nate training hard for his unusual ride this September

Durham Big Ride and The Beast – 1September and 8 September

Nate McIntosh is training hard for this year’s Durham Big Ride, nothing unusual about that you may say.  But there is a difference!
Nate is set on completing the 10 mile route this September on his unicycle!

“I love getting on the unicycle and going around the City and I though why not do the Durham Big Ride on it.” He said during one of his training session.
The 17 year old lives in the City and has been using the ‘one- wheel’ since about nine years of age: “I started just for fun and took to it straight away.  Once you get used to it, riding slightly above everyone is a nice feeling and you do get some strange looks and comments.”
“I am out and about Durham City three times a week on this cycle as well as my ‘normal’ one.  I can easy do six miles at the moment so I think the ten will be tough but come September I should be fine.”

As well as keep his balance, Nate will be raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust who have a branch in the RVI Newcastle. www.justgiving.com/Nate-McIntosh/
Durham Big Ride is on 1 September this year with 3, 10 and 25 mile routes starting and finishing at Durham County Hall.  The Beast is a week later starting from Sniperley Park and Ride.  More information on all the rides can be seen at www.durhambigride.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment